2011年10月23日日曜日

CA Blogging Assignment #6

 "The law of unintended consequences" means a series of unexpected incidents caused by some actions. When people do something allowing for possible consequence and the actual consequence turns out to be opposite, it could be called one of "the law of unintended consequences", I think. For example, before I started the present part-time job I didn't like kids. I started it just because it was well-paid and I wanted to broaden my experience by working. However, gradually I have started to feel a strong attachment to kids and now I really have a soft spot for my students. I guess it might be an example of "the law of unintended consequences".

4 件のコメント:

  1. I would say, very much YES, you are talking about the "law of unintended consequences."

    返信削除
  2. I didn't know that you didn't like children before.lol I guess the "law of unintended consequences" resulted in a good way.

    返信削除
  3. I like that word, "soft spot." lol

    返信削除
  4. It sounds like you have 'overcome' to hang around with child by facing them intentionally rather than taking it as a mere unintended consequence!

    返信削除